Historic Savannah Foundation
Like many of our clients, Historic Savannah Foundation has a long and well-rooted history in the Savannah community. The nonprofit historic preservation organization was established in 1955 to save the 1820 Isaiah Davenport House from demolition. From this initial project, Historic Savannah Foundation launched a Revolving Fund which has since saved 360+ buildings. Over the past seven years, APR has served as the public relations arm of the organization, assisting with myriad programs, initiatives and events. As a result, HSF has enjoyed phenomenal media coverage, including the following:
- “Daniel Carey on Hosting the Upcoming National Preservation Conference in Savannah,” SavannahCEO, October 15, 2014
- “Savannah to Host 2014 National Preservation Conference,” Savannah Morning News, November 1, 2014
- “Historic Savannah Foundation Celebrates 60 Years, Looks to Future of Preservation,” WTOC, January 27, 2015
- “Historic Savannah Foundation Kicks Off 60th Anniversary Year,” Savannah Morning News, January 27, 2015
- “Savannah to Restore Historic Structure Amid Police Station Construction,” Savannah Morning News, February 27, 2015
- “Historic Savannah Foundation Earns GuideStar Honor,” Savannah Morning News, March 7, 2015
- “Historical Nicholsonboro Baptist Church Receives New Historical Marker,” WTOC, May 4, 2015
- “Historic Savannah Foundation Hosts Preservation Awards Luncheon,” Savannah Morning News: Spotted, May 7, 2015
- “HSF Winetasting and Home Tour,” Savannah Magazine, May 8, 2015
- “Historic Savannah Foundation Announces Gala Sponsors,” Business in Savannah, May 20, 2015
- “Savannah Preservation Study Touts Better Quality of Life, Stronger Economies in Historic Neighborhoods,” Savannah Morning News, May 23, 2015
- “Editorial: The Economic Power of Historic Preservation,” Savannah Morning News, May 26, 2015
Abshire Public Relations delivers invaluable executive counsel and strong insight into the local market.Greg Parker,President and CEO, The Parker Companies
When the City of Richmond Hill was looking for an experienced public relations team, we really didn’t have to look any further than APR. Their knowledge of city and county government — in addition to their strong community ties — made them the perfect fit for us.Chris Lovell,City Manager for City of Richmond Hill
APR is the gold standard in reaching the news media about HSF’s events and projects. They consistently go above and beyond the call of duty and make us feel like their top client.Daniel Carey,President and CEO, Historic Savannah Foundation
One major benefit of working with Abshire Public Relations is you don’t just get an account manager; you get an entire team. We’re able to receive excellent executive counsel, knowledge of the market, philanthropic strategy, focused media relations and top-notch writing all in one-stop shop.Ryan Price,Vice President, JE Dunn Construction
Abshire Public Relations truly exceeds our expectations. They’ve secured major national, regional and local media coverage that helps increase visitation and raise awareness of Tybee Island as a year-round visitor destination.Sara Lane,Director, Visit Tybee
We are excited at Bouhan Falligant to begin working with APR as our public relations professionals. Their depth and breadth of knowledge in their industry, as well as their ties to the local and regional communities we serve, make them invaluable members of our team.John G. Lientz,Partner, Bouhan Falligant
16AugMorris & Templeton Insurance Agency Hires Jonathan Templ...SAVANNAH, Ga. - Morris & Templeton Insurance Agency is pleased to announce Johnathan Templeton... Read More10AugSavannah Teen, Sarah Palmer, Records Original Song and Music...
SAVANNAH, Ga. - Young Savannah tale... Read More10AugThe DeSoto Hotel Donates Furnishings to Three Local Organiza...
SAVANNAH, Ga. - The Desoto, a 127-year-old hotel currently undergoing renovations, recently donated... Read More25JulThe DeSoto Names Miranda Marchant as Marketing and Communica...
SAVANNAH, Ga. -- The DeSoto is pleased to welcome Miranda Marchant as the new marketing and communic... Read More19JulPage International Promotes Sasha Daughtrey to Import Manage...
SAVANNAH, Ga. - Page International, Inc., a Savannah-based worldwide logistics service provider, rec... Read More
Fund Development Consulting