TYBEE ISLAND, Ga. – The Tybee Island Tourism Council recently debut two new videos featuring island ecotourism and accommodations. The videos highlight Tybee Island, an island paradise located just 20 minutes east of historic downtown Savannah, and can be viewed on the video page of the www.TybeeVisit.com web site.
The promotional videos were created by Karl Strauch of Coastal Marketing Group and produced in collaboration with Sherrie Breen of Modish. The new footage complements a popular video celebrating the beauty, history, charm and spirit of Tybee Island that debuted in August of 2011.
The new ecotourism video features spectacular footage of nature-oriented activities like paddle boarding, dolphin watching and kayaking as well as interviews with Maria Procopio of the Tybee Island Marine Science center and Captain Stan Allen of Marshland Inshore Fishing Adventures.
The accommodations video celebrates the wide range of lodging options on Tybee Island, from beach cottages and condominiums to hotels and B&B’s. Tim O’Neill of Tim’s Beach Gear discusses what makes Tybee such a memorable place to visit.
“We received an incredibly positive response to our initial promotional video,” said Amy Gaster, president of the Tybee Island Tourism Council. “We hope visitors enjoy these latest videos, which share the magic and splendor of Tybee Island, an award-winning, year-round vacation destination that attracts visitors from across the country.”
Tybee Island has been honored by Southern Living as one of “America’s Perfect Little Beach Towns,” by Fodor’s as one of “America’s Best Family Beaches on the East Coast” and by Parents magazine as one of the “Best Beaches for Families in the U.S.”
ABOUT TYBEE ISLAND:
TybeeIsland, Georgia, an island paradise located just 20 minutes east of historic downtown Savannah, is an ideal year-round coastal destination for couples, families, meetings and more. Steeped in tradition and history, Tybee Island is home to several notable forts, informative museums, a historic lighthouse complex and miles of pristine beaches. Rich in relaxed style, Tybee Island also features a blend of eclectic art galleries, charming shops and exceptional restaurants. For more information about Tybee Island, please visit www.TybeeVisit.com online or call 912.786.5444.
Tybee Island’s Most Recent Accolades:
- “Perfect Little Beach Town: The All-American Hamlet” – Southern Living
- “Best Family Beaches on the East Coast” – Fodor’s
- “Best Beaches for Families” – Parents Magazine
- Top 10 Vacation Rental Hotspots for 2010 – TripAdvisor
- Top 10 City Beaches in America – AOL
- #1 Healthiest Beach in America – Health Magazine
- “Readers’ Choice Best Beach” – Georgia Magazine
- “Best One Tank Trip” – Atlanta Journal Constitution
- “Best Beach Retreat” – Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Bicycle Friendly Community – League of American Bicyclists
- Best Day Trip and Most Fun Place to Take the Kids – Savannah Magazine